About Poxet 30 mg
Poxet is an SSRI or selective serotonin uptake inhibitor. The other Similar medicines are fluoxetine and escitalopram. It works by increasing the availability of 5 hydroxytryptamines at receptors present in the central nervous system and there it enhances the serotonergic activity.
This drug is preferred over other ones which are used for similar functions because it has no anticholinergic activities. Its other benefits are that it does not have sedate properties and does not cause weight gain. It is a very effective drug. It will help the patient in lasting in bed for a longer time.
Poxet 30 mg Composition
It contains the SSRI dapoxetine in a 30-milligram concentration. It is a comparatively smaller concentration.
Manufacturer of Poxet 30 mg
The company Sunrise remedies Manufacturers these tablets. It was established in 1984 and currently, they are a manufacturer, exporter and supplier of a wide variety of drugs like pharmaceuticals, Herbal preparations, HIV drugs, Cardiac problems related drugs, medication for diabetes, Nutraceutical medicines, Women Care drugs, etc.
Uses of Poxet 30 mg
- It is used to treat premature ejaculation
- It can be given in combination with other medicines for behavioural therapies to fix the loss the self-esteem in men which stems from their dissatisfaction with their sexual performance.
- This medicine is a preferred choice for the treatment of depression
How Does Poxet 30 mg Work?
Dapoxetine works by inhibiting the serotonin transporters In the body. This leads to an increase in the levels of serotonin adding to the postsynaptic cleft in the neuron. Gradually ejaculation is delayed due to control in this process.
How to Take Poxet 30 mg?
Swallow the tablet with a lot of water when you are supposed to take it according to the dosage schedule. Do not chew or crush it.
Dosage of Poxet 30 mg
Patients are generally supposed to take this medicine before they are going to indulge in sexual activities. Take it well in time before one hour or 2 hours. The patient is only supposed to take this tablet once every day. Other than this if your doctor has provided you with any other specific dosage instructions then make sure to follow them to ensure you are able to make the most out of this medicine.
What Should I Do If I Skip a Dose?
Do not worry if you skip a dose. You can just leave the forgotten dose and start following your original medicinal routine. Do not try to compensate for the forgotten dose by overdosing or by taking double doses the next time because it will lead to an overdose that presents with symptoms like diarrhoea, headache, nausea, vomiting, etc. Contact a medical healthcare facility immediately in these cases To prevent further damage to your health.
Side Effects of Poxet 30 mg
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Increase in Blood pressure
- Excessive sweating
Drug Interactions of Poxet 30 mg
- Taking this medicine along with amlodipine can lead to symptoms of hypotension. Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker.
- Alpha-blockers also have a similar effect and they also cause hypotension in patients who are already using dapoxetine.
- When a patient takes alcohol along with dapoxetine it increases the sedative effects of alcohol and the presenting symptoms include dizziness, sleepiness and slow reaction time. In some cases, the patient may even faint. Not only alcohol but it is also prohibited to take any other recreational drug along with dapoxetine
- Ritonavir and Other CYP3A4 inhibitors can have some effects on the proper metabolism of the medicine, though the effects are not that pronounced.
- Nitrates Can also cause hypotension.
- A combination Of this medicine with other PDE five inhibitors or other erectile dysfunction medicines is beneficial for patients suffering from both premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction and this combination is available commercially as well.
- It is important to give a doctor your complete medication and disease history to avoid any unwanted contraindications and adverse drug reactions.
- This medicine should only be used by men who are noted between 18 years of age and less than 65 years of age to ensure the safety of this medicine.
- Patients suffering from heart problems should not use this medicine especially if they have had a life-threatening situation like angina or stroke in the past. This medicine can even be fatal in such patients.
- If you are allergic to this medicine then stop using it Otherwise it can lead to the development of several severe manifestations like dyspepsia, rashes etc.
- A decrease in libido is one of the common side effects due to the use of this medicine.
- Patients with glaucoma and increased intraocular pressure should not use this medicine.
- This medicine can affect the hearing ability of the patients to some extent and it may also cause tinnitus which is a troublesome tingling sensation in the ears.
- This medicine has the ability to cause the development of bleeding disorders and it can even worsen pre-existing bleeding disorders in the recipients.
How to Store?
Carefully put this medicine away in a cool and dark place to protect it from heat and direct sunlight. Also, protect it from humidity and keep it in a dry place. All these elements may damage the medicine and its efficacy may reduce over time. Store it somewhere your children and pets cannot reach it because they may eat it by mistake or they may damage the tablets.
Poxet 30 mg Reviews
The reviews of this medicine are promising and the patient appreciates its safety, ease of use, efficacy and potency. This medicine has gone through strict observations both during its development and post-marketing stages. Not only is this medicine effective for treating sexual health problems but it is also useful for treating depression. However, the dosage and the medication schedules may vary for that. The patients can get this medicine after getting prescribed by a doctor.