What is Betnovate (Betamethasone)?
Betnovate cream contains the drug betamethasone. It is a glucocorticoid. It is more potent, longer acting, and more selective than the other similar drugs. It causes marked pituitary-adrenal suppression, but hypertension is not a problem.
It is used for inflammatory and allergy conditions, for a shock as well. It is preferred in cerebral edema and other states in which fluid retention must be avoided. It helps to resolve conditions like itching, redness, and inflammation. It is manufactured by the company GlaxoSmithKline.
How Does Betnovate (Betamethasone) Treat Skin Allergies?
Glucocorticoids and other synthetic corticosteroids like betamethasone benefit by virtue of their anti-inflammatory immunosuppressive, vasoconstrictor, and anti-proliferative actions. This is useful for scaling lesions. The intensity of action depends on the extent of the amount of cream that is absorbed into the deeper layers. As such lipophilicity of the compound determines potency to an excellent extent.
Directions of Use
The first step, which is usually ignored, is to scrub your hands properly before you apply the cream. This prevents any bacteria on your hand from causing infection in your wound. The next step is to properly cleanse the surface of the skin where you are going to apply the cream. Let the skin dry for around 20 minutes or so.
After that, use your fingertips and apply a really bit of the cream. Even pinpoint application is enough. Also, ask your doctor for the other directions regarding the right application of the drugs.
Betnovate cream is mainly for tropical applications. In case you mistakenly apply it within the inner lip area or inside the mouth or the nose, rinse the cream immediately. Do not apply Betnovate cream to scraped skin or damaged skin.
Avoid getting the cream in your eyes. Wash your hands after you apply the cream in order that this will be avoided. If you happen to get the cream in your eyes by mistake, clean your eyes immediately by washing them with large volumes of water. Seek immediate medical attention to prevent further damage to your eyes.
How Long Does it Take for Betnovate (Betamethasone) to Work?
Patients experience relief in symptoms anywhere around 3 to 4 days after taking one or two injections. Topical preparations provide relief sooner, in about 8 hours or so.
What are the Dosage Instructions for Betnovate (Betamethasone)?
Apply a little amount of the cream on the area of your skin that is affected or does it as it has been directed by the medical health personnel. Apply a thin layer of the cream. Apply it once In the evening every day. Do not change or alter the dosage schedule on your own accord and Strictly follow the schedule that has been given to you by the doctor.
Your dose is set by the extremity of your symptoms and consistent with what works most effectively for you. Make sure to inform your doctor if you observe no improvement even after following the dosage routine properly. Also, bring any quiet side effects that you simply like to the notice of your doctor in order that they will be treated.
- It can be given in a 0.5 to 5 mg concentration in a day, orally as drops or tablets.
- 4 to 20 mg concentration is given intramuscularly.
- It can be used topically as directed by a doctor.
- It can be given as injections or infusions as well.
Overdosing presents symptoms like burning sensation, peeling of the skin, swelling of the mouth, difficulty breathing, and even severe irritation that occurs in case of overdose. Inform your doctor about this as soon as possible if this happens.
It is important to note that overdosing will not make your allergies heal any faster. Therefore, use it in the same amount every day as it has been recommended by your doctor.
In case you forget a dose of your medication, apply the cream as soon as you remember about it. If the time for the next application of the medicine is already near then skip the dose that you missed and continue with the original medication routine. Do not overuse or overdose the cream to compensate for the dose that you missed this will cause more harm than good and you can lead to the development of overdose symptoms.
Sub Products of Betnovate (Betamethasone)
- Betnovate C
- Betnovate N
- Betnovate GM
- Betnovate M
- Betnovate B
- Betnovate 2mg injections
- Betnovate injection 4mg/ml
- Betnovate injection 8mg/ml
- Betnovate 12mg injections
- Betnovate 500mg tablets
Mechanism of Action
Topical corticosteroids act as anti-inflammatory agents by multiple mechanisms. They work by inhibiting late phase allergic reactions which include decreasing the density of mast cells and decreasing chemotaxis and activation of eosinophils. They also decrease cytokine production by lymphocytes, monocytes, mast cells, and eosinophils, and they inhibit the metabolism of arachidonic acid.
Adverse Side Effects
- Adrenal pituitary suppression can occur if you repeatedly apply large amounts of the cream
- Development of scaly, itchy patches of different parts of the body
- Rarely, Cushing syndrome has been reported
- Thinning of epidermis
- Dermal changes like atrophy
- Easy bruising
Warnings and Precautions
- With proper use, the systemic risks are minimal
- The use of potent preparations should be short term or intermittent to prevent adverse side effects
- Sudden discontinuation should be avoided
- Upon improvement, A less potent concentration may be substituted or the steroid may be alternated with an emollient till the lesion resolves
- Inform your doctor About all the medication that you may be taking including the herbal ones and vitamin supplements as they may cause Contraindications with betamethasone
- Inform the doctor about all your pre-existing medical conditions including the ones you have had in the past or any surgery that you have undergone.
Who Should Not Take It?
- Infants and children are particularly susceptible Because the rate of absorption is greater in them and this milder dosage should be used.
- In case you have an allergy to any of the constituents of Betnovate cream, discontinue the use immediately. To find out about your allergy you can conduct a patch test. Follow the following steps to conduct a patch test. Apply a small amount of the cream on areas like your inner wrist, inside of your elbow, behind your ear and leave it for a few hours and see if you sense the development of any severe rash, severe itching, or any other allergy reaction. If this happens then you should not use this medication.
- Do not use this medicine without the recommendation of medical health personnel.
- Patients with Untreated cutaneous infections should not use it
- Don’t take it if you have Rosacea or Acne vulgaris
- It should not be taken if you have Pruritus without inflammation
- Patients with Perianal and genital pruritus and Perioral dermatitis should avoid it.
Why Buy Betnovate (Betamethasone) at Medicationplace.com?
100% Good Quality
Our products are FDA approved.
100% Secure Payment Methods
You do not have to fear the safety of your details or fraud. Our transactions are totally secured.
We Have a 24/7 Customer Support
We extend our full support to all our customers round the clock. We will surely solve all your problems and queries as smoothly and as quickly as possible.
Is it safe to use Betnovate cream during pregnancy?
No, it is not usually prescribed to pregnant women. Although there are limited human studies data, some contraindication of this cream has been established with pregnancy, such as lower birth weights and smaller heads of babies.
Is it safe for breastfeeding women to use Betnovate cream?
No, Topical betamethasone should be avoided in this condition because of its potency and low protein binding, it can transfer to the milk and can harm the baby.
Can I drink alcohol when using Betnovate cream?
No interaction has been established with alcohol however you should still consult your doctor before you do so.
Is Betnovate cream safe for use by patients with liver and kidney diseases?
Make sure to inform your doctor about all your pre-existing conditions before undergoing this therapy. The long-term use of this cream can result in hepatic enlargement and steatosis or glycogenosis if it is given in high doses. These same conditions may also cause kidney dysfunction.
Betnovate (Betamethasone) Alternatives
- Urosone cream
- Betadip 0.1% cream
Currently, betamethasone is the first choice drug for the treatment of different sorts of Skin allergies. Some comparative studies have found it to be more effective than hydrocortisone. It has given nearly 100% cure rates in patients who have undergone betamethasone therapy.
Store it at room temperature, away from direct heat, sunlight, and humidity in a closed container preferably at a temperature below 25 degrees Celsius. It can be harmful if it is ingested by your pets and it is not for the use of children so keep it away from them.